Vendor Assistant: The vendor assistant would be responsible for opening and closing and overseeing the Street Roots vendor office on Sunday and Monday from 7:30am to 3:00pm.
This position is for 16-hours a week at $15.50 an hour.
Basic job duties:
- Open and close vendor office hours Sunday and Monday: 7:30 am to 3pm.
- Conduct hospitality daily 7:30-9am
- Oversee sales of newspaper to vendors
- Maintain all records/incident reports during work hours
- Help facilitate vendor orientation
- Help mediate vendor conflict
- Help facilitate vendor community activities
- Respond to crisis situations/interventions
- Communicate with readers/businesses as needed
- Create social media posts for vendor program
- Maintain a clean office/stock supplies
- Be a Street Roots ambassador
Qualification/requirements of the position:
- High motivated and independent
- Ability to work and interact positively with readers, volunteers, staff and partnering organizations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing
- Experience of working with people experiencing poverty a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Israel Bayer by Monday, May 9th at Israel@streetroots.org. Please use subject line: Vendor assistant
Street Roots is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.
Street Roots Mission: Street Roots is a nonprofit newspaper assisting people experiencing homelessness and poverty by creating flexible income opportunities. Through education, advocacy and personal expression, we are a catalyst for individual and social change.