Street Roots Administrative Assistant: This position is a part-time 12-hours a week at $15.50 an hour.
- Weekly deposits (Vendor/Newspaper sales and donations/sponsorships, etc)
- Maintain weekly/monthly deposit report
- Record Keeping
- Track and file all Street Roots purchases, checks, paper sales, etc.
- Maintain Street Roots donor databases, including GiftWorks
- Record and code all checks and transactions in the appropriate systems
- Responsible for all Thank you letters for the organization
- Reconciliation and follow up of event income
- Run queries as needed
- Maintain confidentiality with all Street Roots documents
Qualification/requirements of the position:
- High motivated and independent
- Ability to work and interact positively with volunteers, staff and local partnering organizations
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Attention details
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing.
- Experience working with GiftWorks or other donor database a plus
- Experience of working with people experiencing poverty a plus
- Experience with bookkeeping, accounting and money handling
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Israel Bayer by Thursday, May 26 at Israel@streetroots.org. Please use subject line: Street Roots Administrative Assistant
Street Roots is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, gendor, religion or national origin.
- * Be a Street Roots ambassador
- * The Admin Assistant position will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Development Director.
Mission: Street Roots is a nonprofit newspaper assisting people experiencing homelessness and poverty by creating flexible income opportunities. Through education, advocacy and personal expression, we are a catalyst for individual and social change.
Street Roots is an equal opportunity program and does not discriminate in employment or the provision of public services on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.